Thursday, April 29, 2010

Strawberry Fields Forever

Once a month our playgroup with the Partnership for Children takes a field trip. This month our field trip took us to Garner Farms where the girls and I picked strawberries. I hate to admit that this was the first time we had picked strawberries, but it certainly will not be our last. The strawberries were so ripe and luscious, juicy and delicious - practically irresistible. I put the girls in dark colored shirts to minimize staining but didn't think I would get too messy. I should of thought of Charlotte, covered in strawberry juice wanting to be held at some point. I'm really hoping those stains come out of my shirt!

A beautiful strawberry plant.


Amelia really enjoyed picking the strawberries. I told her to pick the bright red ones, but a few small green ones made it in her basket anyway.




Charlotte definitely enjoyed eating more than picking. She did, however, want to hold one of the pails, but I had to take it away when the strawberries started to spill out every time she moved.




I can't wait to go back so I have enough to make some jam. Strawberry jam . . .YUM!

1 comment:

  1. How adorable! I would have probably eaten more too. There's something about freshly picked deliciously juicy strawberries!! Good move on the dark shirts too. Hope the stains come out of yours.

    ReplyDelete