Sunday, October 26, 2008

It's Really a Misnomer

I am really struggling with what to name my blog. It's just that I am not sure it is accurate to describe this as the "Plautz Family Adventures", since it's really me writing about what is going on with me. I am still thinking about it. I'll take suggestions.

And, I really don't want to just talk about cake. Sometimes I really get tired of all the cake. I am tired now, and am very happy that I only have one smaller cake for this weekend. In fact, I am taking an impromptu day trip to New Bern tomorrow so that I can visit Elizabeth, Amelia and Erik. What fun is it to have a lighter week, after so many busy weeks, and then not take advantage of the lighter load? So, I am just doing it. Because I can.

Daniel just completed his run in the play "Murder is in the Heir" at Panther Creek High. He played a dimwitted handy man named Rufus. He truly was the stand out performer of the small cast. And, I am not the only one who feels that way. There were several cast members who performed adequately, and then another two that gave simply dreadful performances, all because they totally over acted. Way over. OVER the top!! The best night was opening night, because Daniel's character was voted to be the killer that night.

This was an audience interactive show, where after the first act, the audience voted by ballot on who they thought was the killer. All the suspects memorized the ending, and then the one actor who was selected by ballot to be the killer finished off the show. Well, the audience was small on Thursday, and Daniel had several family members, plus friends from church there to swing the vote in his favor. He was excellent, and by being voted the killer became for all practical purposes the "STAR" of the show.

I am excited for the impending birth of our newest little grand-daughter. It is always a wonderful thing, adding a new baby to the family. I just can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. Great entries, mom! Sometimes I blog about nothing and sometimes I blog about my shows. See? It can be anything! I like Plautz Family Adventures because you're telling about yourself and the adventures surrounding you because of your family. I'll keep thinking...

    ReplyDelete