Wednesday, January 14, 2009

On this day, 42 years Ago


On January 14, 1967, I was baptized. I was eight years old. It was freezing cold and I had to share my baptism with an entire family who was joining the church. I remember thinking at the time that I didn't like it. That whole family took the attention off of me. I wanted attention. There were so many people in attendance, but even I knew at eight years old that they weren't there for me. Humpf!

I am glad that I got baptized. It was the best decision that I had made so far in my life. I wouldn't make another great decision like that until 7th grade when I decided to pretend that my name was really Sarah.

I have learned to like my name. I have decided that "SALLY" is a friendly name. I am friendly.

I guess being baptized was really still a better decision than lying about my name.

The End.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! I've never this picture. Eric or Daniel, with long hair! I understand (sadly)how you felt at your baptism. I don't know if I told you how John and I took Ted out to dinner after his baptism. Grandma Win came too. We were laughing and talking and suddenly Ted says, I thought this was my special dinner. Why isn't anyone talking to me? Ouch. Sally is a very happy, friendly name, and so you are. :D

    ReplyDelete