Saturday, August 15, 2009

We are Buyng a House!

There really hasn't been much to blog about since the summer began. This is because my whole life is about CAKE during the summer, and this blog is NOT about cake at all.

About a month or so ago, I had the thought that we really ought to take advantage of the $8000 first home purchase tax credit this year. I am so ready to not rent anymore, and have a home of my very own.

We fear change. Or at least, as we get older, we like to keep things predictable. So, we figured out how much of a house payment we could afford, and therefore the most we could have for a mortgage on a house. Then, we decided that we wanted to stay pretty much in the same area. Same schools, same ward...oh and the perk of the church being within walking distance is a great thing too. Those two criteria meant that we would be looking for a townhouse within a two mile radius from where we are now.

We looked at town houses and found one we thought would work pretty well that was just up the street from us. The day we looked at the house one more time to see if we were ready to make an offer, I had a terrible sick and nervous feeling, the same that I get when the spirit tells me to STOP.

Doug and I talked about my feelings of warning and he told me that he just felt that he didn't want to move into a townhouse, because it felt so much like an apartment. Doug also said that maybe we needed to pray to know where the Lord wanted us to be instead of us telling him where we wanted to be and hope he'd make us feel good about it.

So, we decided to have me look at single houses in two communities where they are more affordable. All of a sudden I realized that I no longer felt sick any more.

To make a long story short, Catherine came with me on Saturday, August the 8th and we looked at 8 properties. She helped me get the list to 3. Doug and I, with the two boys on Monday this week went to see the final three. We all agreed that the first house we saw (which was Catherine and mine's favorite) was the best house for us. A few more prayers later and we were ready to make an offer on the house.

They accepted our offer on Wednesday and on Thursday we had a signed contract for 217 Ashdale Drive in Fuquay-Varina. Below is a short video using the photos from the MLS listing on line.

We sold 211 Laurie Lane almost four years ago; and that was a very hard thing for me. I wasn't sure how long it would be before we could own our own home again. But, the Lord has blessed us so much, especially in the last year and a half. Eric's faithfulness in serving has also blessed our family. I know this blessing is in part due to his dedication to missionary service.

This IS where the Lord wants us to be and although it means huge changes for our family, we are excited to begin this new adventure.

5 comments:

  1. I am SUPER excited for you all, mom! This is the perfect place. And while I'll be sad that you'll be farther away, I know that this is where you're supposed to be. It's just beautiful!!!!! I can't wait to start new traditions and have new memories made there! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's super exciting. Congratulations! My sister Susy lives in Fuquay-Varina and it was the last place she thought she'd ever end up living too... But she really loves. Plus they are getting ready to build a new ward building there too. So who knows you might still be in walking distance. (But we'll miss you in our Ward!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! When you said Fuquay you meant Fuquay! I think I've only gone down Broad far enough to turn into your subdivision once - ONCE - the whole time we've lived here. New vistas baby. So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like a gorgeous home! I assume you're all in by now. Hope it feels like home!

    ReplyDelete